Dr. Scott Stewart updates you on Bt refuge requirements for corn and discusses Viptera trait in our latest Call of the Week. Play episode.
Friday, February 15, 2019 is the deadline to submit an application to grow hemp in Tennessee. According to the Tennessee Department of Agriculture, more than 1,000 applications have already been submitted. In this week’s podcast, Dr. Eric Walker, discusses the growing buzz around hemp, and what he wishes every new grower knew. If you have any curiosity about the nuts and bolts of hemp production, this podcast is worth a listen! Play Call of the Week.
If you still need to complete dicamba training, it will be offered at the conclusion of Cotton Focus, scheduled for Friday, February 15 at the West Tennessee AgResearch and Education Center. Additionally, in-person trainings will be held in the following counties in the coming week: Continue reading
Over the next week there are lots of opportunities to complete the 2019 Dicamba Training. The training will be offered at both the Middle Tennessee Grain Conference on February 5 and the West Tennessee Grain Conference on February 7. Additionally, it will be offered in the following counties,
- Carroll Co. – Feb. 4 @ 8:30 a.m. & 7 p.m. – UT Extension Office
- Crockett Co. – Feb. 1 @ 9 & 10:30 a.m. – Gibson Electric Cooperative, Alamo
- Decatur Co. – Feb. 6 @ 9 a.m. – UT Extension Office
- Hardeman Co. – Feb. 5 @ 1 p.m. – Nutrien Ag Solutions, Whiteville
- Hardin – Feb. 5 @ 8 a.m. – First Farmers Co-op, Savannah
- Haywood – Feb. 4-5 @ 9:30 a.m. & 1:30 p.m. – UT Extension Office
- Henderson – Feb. 4 @ 1 p.m. – First Farmers Co-op, Lexington
- Madison – Feb. 5 @ 9 a.m. – Mid-South Farmers Co-op, Mercer
- Tipton – Feb. 5 @ 9 a.m. – UT Extension Office
See the UTIA Dicamba Resources Page for a complete list of trainings.
A slew of dicamba training opportunities are coming up over the next seven days.
- Crockett Co. – Jan. 29 @ 2 p.m. – Gibson Electric Cooperative, Alamo
- Gibson Co. – Jan. 28, 29 & 30 @ 9 a.m., 11 a.m. & 2 p.m. – UT Extension Office
- Haywood Co. – Jan. 28 @ 10 a.m. – H & R Agri-Power, Brownsville
- Lincoln Co. – Jan. 28 @ 1 p.m. – UT Extension Office
- Montgomery Co. – Jan. 28 @ 4:30 p.m. – UT Extension Office
- Tipton Co. – Jan. 29 @ 9 a.m. & Jan. 31 @ 2 p.m. – UT Extension Office
To see the complete list of 2019 trainings, visit the Dicamba Resources page.