In our latest episode, Angela McClure announces the revival of a soybean yield contest in Tennessee. Listen to the podcast, and be watching the blog next week for more information from Angela on rules and registration forms.
Dr. Joanne Logan is a research professor with a focus in applied climatology. In this episode, she discusses her research along with an outlook of 2019 weather patterns. Listen.
In this podcast, UT Extension Corn and Soybean Specialist Angela McClure covers some of the top corn planting considerations for 2019, including weather, soil temperatures, planter settings and nitrogen recommendations. Listen.
The Boll Weevil referendum is March 11-22. Dr. Scott Stewart provides more details in this week’s Call of the Week. Click to listen.
In-person Dicamba training opportunities are winding down. The remaining trainings will be held in the following counties:
- Hardeman – Mar. 7 @ 11 a.m. – Jimmy Sanders, Whiteville
- Humphreys – Mar. 7 @ 9 a.m. – Humphreys Co. Fairgrounds
- Lawrence – Mar. 6 @ 7 a.m. & Mar. 13 @ 8 a.m. – UT Extension Office
In this week’s podcast, Dr. Larry Steckel discusses the recent discovery of Palmer amaranth with resistance to metolachlor (Dual) in Northeast Arkansas. Click to listen.
CORRECTION: The Obion County Dicamba Training will be held at the Union City Farm Bureau.
There are still opportunities to take the Dicamba Training in person, although this is the last week in-person trainings will be offered in West TN. The following counties will host trainings in the upcoming week:
- Hardeman – Feb. 22 @ 10 a.m. – Mid-South Farmers Co-op, Bolivar
- Hardin – Feb. 27 @ 9 a.m. – UT Extension Office
- Lauderdale – Feb. 25 @ 8:30 a.m. – TN Tech Center (Ripley), Feb. 26 @ 10 a.m. – Veterans Museum (Halls) & Feb. 28 @ 10 a.m. – Co-op (Halls)
- Lincoln – Feb. 26 @ 1 p.m. & 7 p.m. – UT Extension Office
- Obion – Feb. 27 @ 8 a.m. & 1 p.m. – Farm Bureau, Union City
- Weakley – Feb. 28 @ 1 p.m. – Tennessee Tractor, Martin